Hats off to How To Blog for tipping me off to Haloscan’s trackback sending feature:
According to their tutorial on sending a trackback ping, each time you want to send a trackback from Blogger (or similar tool), you have to
- login to HaloScan
- click ‘Manage Trackback”
- click “Send a trackback ping”
- Paste the TrackBack ping URL into the edit box for ‘URLs to Ping’
- Fill in your blog name
- Paste YOUR permalink URL
- Paste a copy of your Post Title
- Paste (or write) an excerpt from your post
- Click the ‘Ping Now’ button.
Yikes – that’s more work/typing/copying & pasting than I want to bother with.
Worth trying out, I’d say.