Basement Renovation: Getting A Permit

I heard back from city hall about the permit:

A building permit is required to finish a basement when you are creating a bedroom, doing any plumbing work (including a rough-in or bar sink) or making any structural changes (including new exterior openings, moving posts/beams etc.). A permit is not required if you are installing fixtures on an existing rough-in. Electrical permits are done through the electrical safety authority, you can contact them at 746-3040.

No bedrooms. No plumbing. No structural changes. No permit required.

%d bloggers like this: